Houston Engagement Pictures
Tara + Cameron
Houston Engagement Pictures- We had an amazing engagement session with Tara and Cameron that was captured at my favorite studio, as well as the Houston Museum of Fine Arts. The Museum of Fine Arts offers a cozy and nostalgic vibe, with a charming and sophisticated décor. The connection with this couple was electric, and their flare for the dramatics was evident in their posing and outfit choices. I truly appreciate working with couples who simply enjoy being in love.
Tara wore a timeless gown with long sleeves, a V-neck that draped at the waist and dramatically flared into a horsehair-trimmed train. With her hair cascading to her shoulders and honey blonde highlights, she was the embodiment of class and grace. For the groom-to-be, Cameron’s look included a modern slim fit style tuxedo with satin peak lapels. The white shirt and black bowtie gave it a classic twist, complimented by lavish black loafers with gold embroidery.
I would say that 60 percent of my photography work is editorial. My editorial style are images that I believe are fitting for a magazine ad. My team loves to be very strategic with pose selections and the polish of finished images. The other 40 percent of the work we do is photo journalism. During engagement sessions, we usually play games or give the couple a scenario for them act out. This gives us an opportunity to see their deep affection for each other as they assume each role. As the photographer, the performances create magic for the camera.
The number one question that couples ask me when booking their engagement session is what are the best locations to choose from? My answer repeatedly is the studio and some place that is outdoors. There are several benefits for shooting in the studio, because it provides some super clean looks that do not need to be manipulated later. Also, it makes the shoot itself more relaxed and natural, because I can get to know the clients better in a more intimate and fun way. In the summer months, it allows the couple to stay away from the heat and humidity of Houston. The ladies really love that advantage! Lastly, it’s a great fail-safe session in the event of a rainy day.